Operations & Customer Service Associate APPLY NOW
Launched in 2017 as a digital-first (online) retailer, Monroe & Kent Home has grown exponentially as it has ventured into brick & mortar retail and the addition of design services to our customers in the Greater Philadelphia area, and nationwide.
Whether seeking to refresh a nook or a whole home, Monroe & Kent Home has become a "go-to" for clients of all walks to introduce quality furniture, lighting, rugs & décor into their homes at affordable prices.
As our business continues to grow, we need a highly organized individual who is motivated, resilient and has a solutions driven / "can do" attitude to ensure our back office operations run as smoothly as possible and enable us to continue delivering a consistently excellent standard of service.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Authenticating online and design studio orders, assessing fraud risk, verifying customer contact information, accuracy of custom product orders and inventory availability and lead-times quoted.
- For design studio/design project sales, auditing the sale packet to ensure all documents are in order before merchandise is released.
- Placing inventory, special and custom orders with vendors and ensuring confirmation of receipt and obtaining approximate lead-times for delivery.
- Match back orders, purchase orders, sales orders, invoices and delivery paperwork to support accounts payable function.
- Keep open lines of communication with vendors, freight companies and customers to manage expectations of all parties involved and trouble shooting issues and/or delays as they arise.
- Updating members of the design team of any merchandise delays that can impact customer projects so that they can plan alternative options to present to clients.
- Work with our warehouse to cross check orders that are being shipped for us to deliver and address any discrepancies or damages with vendor/s.
- Coordinate freight for outbound online orders or cross country design projects.
- Provide front line support to customers who reach out either via live chat, email or telephone to address product, service or order related inquiries.
- Ensure that detailed notes are added to a customer or vendor record in our CRM after every interaction so that a detailed timeline exists.
The best-suited candidate will be an individual that embraces problems and challenges with a passion for delivering exceptional service to our customers, our vendors, and partners. You are able to prioritize your day and refine those priorities as situations change. You are comfortable having frank and difficult conversations - setting boundaries and expectations while making sure that customers, vendors and partners feel valued.
Excellent communication skills are critical - this role will involve substantial amounts of time on the phone, in addition to sending emails, letters and interacting via our live chat service on our website.
Core skills that we are seeking:
- Highly organized with the ability to plan every days priorities and activities.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to be compassionate and empathetic, not combative and defensive.
- Excellent IT skills - knowledge of the Google suite of products including Gmail, Sheets, Documents & Slides, in addition to Microsoft Office - Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Shopify and Salesforce CRM (Sales & Service Cloud) are advantageous but not essential
- Strong communication skills - excellent spelling and grammar a must
Monroe & Kent Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Monroe & Kent Home is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.2021-10-31|||West Berlin, NJ. 08091|||Operations||||||AUwhqth~r0BYCR6S|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||15.00|||25.00|||true